Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Wednesday Ramblings

Found out yesterday some good friends are having their lives flipped by news of cancer. I’m a twenty-something, surely it’s too early for my friends to be battling cancer? Nope. Things look “ok” currently but removing tumors isn’t really a trivial affair. If you know who I’m talking about, please pray for them. If you don’t pray, donate to LAF or something. Some people seem to be kicked while they’re already down. May they be lifted up.

Wednesday night fights tonight. I will definitely be venting stress from this news and other emotional roller-coasters tonight. Not sure how much the body can do though, as I’m still sore from Monday’s indoor soccer romp. Turns out gunning it for an hour after a 2 month hiatus been protested by all those little stabilizer muscles in my legs/back/shoulders. At least I got a hat trick.

David is pissed he couldn’t stay with us longer. I suggested he take it out on the pedals.

I’m trying to assess the feasibility of attending the Eagle Lake Camp Cleanup Week. Who would turn down a week in the Rockies?

We’re still looking at apartments for 09-10 (10!?). The service course is becoming more of a burden on our living room, so a garage is an ever more important amenity. Enter: the duplex. When we move there will be grillage for anyone who wants to come.

I’m also trying to get the Surly back to functioning after its massive organ donation to David’s Motobecane. The only open item is the down-tube shifters. That’s right, we’re takin it old school for the cross-check. Not sure how well that’s going to perform during cross season (ha!) but for commuting and touring with the fam, it can’t be beat. I now have to find some that are relatively inexpensive (i.e. like under $90 for new Dura-Ace!).

2 comments:

  1. Katie and I are praying!! I just learned that David and I are in a heated battle of first to 100 (jersey time). We have been talking junk over text.
    Hope your trip to Germany goes well!!
    Great work on the blog, keep it going...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie and I are praying!! I just learned that David and I are in a heated battle of first to 100 (jersey time). We have been talking junk over text.
    Hope your trip to Germany goes well!!
    Great work on the blog, keep it going...

    ReplyDelete